Wednesday 20 February 2013

Introduction to Analysis


Analysis of Existing Magazines

Before beginning the creation of my own music magazine, I intend to analyse three existing covers, contents pages, and feature articles from the genre of Indie that I could potentially use as my style model. The reasoning for doing so it to familiarise myself with common conventions featured on the magazine itself, and also to gain a better understanding  of how to attract and represent my primary and secondary target audiences through media language. In order to create a magazine cover that will be successful, it is almost mandatory to understand the genre conventions, supporting Bentley's theory (1997) that the creative process is the; “Making of the new by rearranging the old.”

1 comment:

  1. There is excellent research into similar products and a potential target audience;

    ReplyDelete