Monday 29 April 2013

Lighting

Studio Lighting Techniques

To ensure the photography for my magazine looks professional and good enough in quality to be published, I researched different lighting techniques.

After watching this insightful video, I have made a decision to use the Rembrandt light technique. I have mentioned in previous posts that I intend to select features of which are simplistic, as I know that this will be effective in attracting my target audience, and it is the same in this case. This lighting is simplistic but exceptionally effective. I want to have different lighting on either side of the face to create a better sense of dimension, rather than the chance of the model looking as though she has a relatively flat face.  

If I had more experience in lighting and a lot more equipment, I would experiment with the complexity of the lighting below, as it does seem as though excellent results could be achieved for my product. But seeing as I have neither of these, I will keep it simple. Because I have decided to keep it simple, it does not mean that my photography will not be effective.











1 comment:

  1. There is evidence of excellence in the creative use of the following technical skills:

    ␣ accurately using language and register;
    ␣ using ICT appropriately for the task set;
    ␣ shooting a variety of material appropriate to the task set;

    ReplyDelete