Friday 11 October 2013

Synopsis of ideas

Initially, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I was going to portray stereotypes of Cornwall in my regional magazine though fashion; more specifically, the particular style that is similar to farmers/countryside wear. After looking at various locations, all extremely beautiful, where I could locate my photo shoot, I decided that it would be best to select a different 'theme' as to say, and take advantage of the beauty that Cornwall has to offer rather than just using a field, which can be found almost anywhere around the country. Whereas I would like to portray Cornwall in my regional magazine with places that are unique to the county. Also, this is not the particular type of fashion that I am interested in, therefore will not find the work enjoyable; it would be much better to focus on something that I am interested in, rather than not being able to find joy in my work.

In consideration of this, and through the observation of current trends, I have decided upon completing a vintage shoot to base my feature spread and cover for my magazine on. There is a lot of clothing in boutiques around Cornwall that are this style, so it will be really quite easy for me to source vintage fashion. Also, in the textiles department, I know that there are some dresses that could easily reflect this era. So, the clothing would be both original and suited to my shoot; if the clothing is original, the 

Primarily, I will focus on the vintage shoot. Although, I do want to produce more photographs for both the contents page and billboard advertisement. Rather than doing another shoot involving location, I would like to focus more on studio work, which I am able to do in the photography department, where they have multiple different backdrops for me to focus on. To do this, I will need to preplan another shoot, set up lighting and book models. A good idea, as the hair and beauty department are right next to our media class, would be to ask them to do each of my model's hair and makeup to ensure there is a professional aesthetic appeal to my photography.

An idea for the feature article would be to find different boutiques with style that coincide with vintage fashion, which would also be a good idea if I needed money to fund the magazine, as the boutiques could potentially spend money on advertisements that would get out to an audience who'd be interested in their fashion.

1 comment:

  1. This is a useful starting point. Now you are further along in the project it would be worth picking this up and extending it now your ideas are taking shape/ have taken shape. Names and copy ideas, font and layout choices could all be discussed at this 'ideas' stage.

    ReplyDelete