Wednesday 18 December 2013

Shot Types

SHOTS:

Extra long shot

  
Though this shot makes an interesting subject, it is not one of which could really relate to my products. I personally cannot see this in a fashion magazine, as you cannot see the clothing properly or the model. it's just not something that I feel would work.

Long shot


This is more appropriate than an extra long shot concerning fashion, as it is able to give the reader exactly what they want, to see the latest trends. 

Medium long shot


Again, this could be very good for fashion. It is a shot that encourages detail within the frame, yet also manages to carry with it an abundance of content. There is a lot that can fit into this small shot, and you wouldn't lose the detail of it. 

Medium shot


As a common convention of magazines, this is the typical shot that is used for the cover. I would like to conform to this convention, as it is obviously quite successful. It also show enough detail 

Medium close up


This shot is slightly more detailed that the last, as it is zoomed in more on the face, but not to the point where the surroundings have been cancelled out. So I can still see the clothing that he is wearing, meaning that the shot could be appropriate for my own shoot. 

Close up

A close up focuses entirely on the face, and although this is often the main focus in a lot of pictures, it ensures that there are no distractions surrounding it, so the viewer of the imagery is concentrating solely on the detail within the face. 

Big close up


As I stated in the last shot, this shot focuses a lot on detail within the face and tries to make you concentrate on the subject with lack of surrounding. It is really not a shot that I am attracted to, and because I am in my own target audience, I feel as though I should listen to myself in that way and not bother with a shot like this. 

Extra Close up


This is a shot that I do not feel would be useful or appropriate within the production of my magazine and ancillary tasks, unless featuring garments which have incredible detail; I could have mid shots of my subject and round them off with close up of particularly interesting parts of the garment that they are wearing. 

ANGLES:

Low angle








Eye-level










High angle








Worm's eye
















Canted









Bird's eye









In my own work, I would like to use a variety of shots, but not vary so much on the angles used. The cover will be a medium shot of my model, as this is a common convention of most magazines, particularly in the genre that I have taken on. This, and most of the shots, will be at eye level. The reasoning for this is because my magian needs to be personal to the audience, and make them feel as though their aspirations to be the model are realistic by putting Isabella on a level that is equal to the readers, making it feel personal. For my website, I will use long shots in the street style section, as to show all clothing of students. On the features page, I would like to use a wide shot and cover the whole double page with one image. 

1 comment:

  1. Some proficient research and application to your own production. These images could have been taken yourself ( you have plenty material) which would have boosted the research/ drafting elements as well as the presentation into a level one.

    ReplyDelete