Wednesday 1 May 2013

Article

ARITCLE IDEAS 

Because my magazines' genre is indie, I must ensure that I conform somewhat to the what the average person who is interested in this particular genre is able to both understand and relate to the article itself, therefore it must represent the audience. The majority of indie artists are bands, though through my analysis of magazine covers, contents, and features, I have found myself able to conclude that this is not the sole type of artist the indie audience accept.

When I searched for 'indie artists' on youtube, I did not see a solo artist, rather the predominant 'top' indie bands. This is a selection of the search results:


In consideration of the previous statement, I have decided upon using a solo indie artist to represent the target audience. As indie people are stereotyped

Susan Fiske and Shelly E. Taylor's (1984) theory of 'Cognitive Miser' states that only a small amount of information's Only a small amount of information is actively perceived 
by individuals when making decisions, and many cognitive shortcuts (such as drawing on prior information and knowledge) are used instead to attend to relevant information and arrive at a decision. A cognitive miser refers to how people cannot possibly assimilate all the information they are bombarded with by the world. 



1 comment: