Wednesday 1 May 2013

Photography Shoot

Photography Shoot

These particular photographs are not suitable for the cover as they are not the correct shots, they needed to be medium shots, rather than medium close-ups. 


I have chosen this image for my cover, as the model is is posing in the exact manner of which I had aimed for, she looks both beautiful and wise. I wanted a medium shot, which is exactly what I managed to get, with the model at a 3/4 angle, staring into the distance. You will never know what she is looking at.




The photo to the right is too bright, therefore not appropriate, and there is nothing special about the one on the left.

    

The photo to the left is a shot of half of her face, which would not be suitable for the cover or the feature. The one to the right is purely a bad shot, the model is not posing correctly and the camera work is not right.




This image is clearly too dark to use on any on my product, though I do like something melancholic about it.





I did not manage to take these pictures without the carpet being in shot. I could crop them, but I would have to lose a lot of the images.







There is something about this photo that I enjoy, but I do not feel as thought it is the best of the bunch, so I decided not to use it.







The model looks absolutely beautiful in this photograph, and I have chosen to select it for my feature page photography. The shot in general is, I feel, really quite lovely. The composition is pleasing, and I adore the lighting. The only thing I dislike, is the background creases, but I can fix this in photoshop.


The last two images could be good for, perhaps, the contents page, but I certainly would not use them anywhere else in my magazine, as they do they come across as very professional in my opinion. 





1 comment:

  1. Nicole demonstrates evidence of excellence in the creative use of most of the following technical skills:
    ␣ Producing material appropriate for the target audience and task;
    using ICT appropriately for the task set;shooting a variety of material appropriate to the task set;
    ␣ manipulating photographs as appropriate to the context for presentation, including cropping and resizing.

    ReplyDelete