Wednesday 1 May 2013

Final Article and Interview



Article

"NO ONE UNDERSTOOD ME, I SPENT EVERY AFTERNOON SINGING IN THE FIELDS."

As resonance departs from the worn out instruments having scarcely made it through the prolonged gig, applaud ensures a lengthy journey around the compacted underlit room. Inspiration floods from the partially emptied glasses of aesthetically pleasing characters; characters barely visible if not for the endlessly shining spotlight beaming onto Green. Every being perpendicular to the soothing greenery within a 50ft radius of the fearless indie, (the area itself much larger than this) extends their arm to scrap for a complimentary EP all at once, located in a box handled by the frightened father of the indifferent singer, Taylor Green. Cornwall seldom beholds the opportunity to witness such a breathtaking performance, and this is a mere habitual process for the small town girl. Taking a vast quantity of various different backing members, Green is reluctant to settle with one being for each instrument. 'I am independent in my music, but they do help out a lot, and I appreciate that from my , uh, assistants.’ laughs Taylor Green, as she slowly pats the back of one of the current 'assistant'. Her recent obscure EP contains a collection of perhaps her most paramount songs, a true demonstration of natural capability proliferating. Green, recently snabbing a contract from Mayhem Records, is set to embark on a lengthy future in the music industry. The lyrically brilliant indie girl scored her first deal to assist her on the rapidly moving track to fame, despite the hindrance of the hurdle of university. Of course, nothing can terminate the optimistic outlook of the one man band, she is entirely aware of her capability.
Her educated intellect is apparent in ‘Revelations’, a song of which illustrates the hidden path travelled subconsciously by each and every one of us,
Incontrovertibly, it is clear to observe that Green has unfortunately had the despondent burden of having to endure likely events of suffering that have led to her melancholically brilliance. 'Burning closer I see you, you are lost, you are broken , searching for sympathy' targeting vulnerability within Green’s audience, lyrically able to trigger deeply emotional responses, Taylor is successful in igniting epically constructed relationships with her fans. Each and everyone one of these loyal enthusiasts finds themselves being drawn in through the painless ability to relate to feelings portrayed without effort through originality of lyrics.
Despite the past experiences the talented teenager may have stumbled upon, she has allowed humour to politely cross over her covers. A favourite with the fans is 'Sandwich', an indie adaptation of 'Enter Sandman originally performed by Metallica. Often cries are present requesting this particular cover at each and every one of her gigs. ‘Charlie Fine’ has the  potential to rival singles such as 'Seven Nation Army’, and also the possibility that it will eventually knock 'Naive' out of its cherished position in the industry. Though this is not the most prominent genre on the market, Taylor Green will inevitably be successful, and hold knowledge of exactly how to charm the ever-growing crowd.

GETTING TO KNOW GREEN (interview)


Good Evening Taylor, how are you today?
I’m great thanks, just got back from filming the music video for my new single; ‘Revelations’. It’s coming out on the 2nd June, you should definitely check it out.

We most certainly will. Is it an original?
Yes, this is my first original. I began by performing covers in bars, moving onto small events, and I was spotted by Mayhem Records last spring at the Wilderness Festival. It was my first big thing, you know, I never thought that something so life changing would ever happen to me, especially seeing as I was singing to pass the time.

When did you start singing?
I’ve always sung, since I can remember I was a lover of music. I would spend every afternoon sitting in the fields just singing. When I started college it began to get a bit more serious. I would sing in the school showers every Wednesday after Hockey, usually there was no one around, but one of the girls left something behind and heard me singing. She just told me that I had to do something with my voice, rather than wasting it. So I did.

We heard that you had a rough time fitting in at school.
No one ever really understood me, it was very difficult to fit in. I suppose the singing just made me feel as though there was somewhere I could take my life, it helped me get over the fact that I didn’t have many friends.

You mentioned that you used to cover a lot, which was your favourite song to cover?
Banana Pancakes- Jack Johnson. It is such a fun song, it always made me feel happy and mellow at the same time. Definitely my favourite.

What are your plans for the future?
After the EP I just released, I hope to work on a new album. I’d love to play bigger festivals, and the record company will be shortly organizing a tour for me. It won’t be huge, but I’ll building up a fan base. I just hope that my music will make people as happy as I was to make it. The reason I am doing this is to make my family proud, that is all I want.

If you could tour with anyone at all, who would it be and why?
Foals. No question about it. I just love how versitile their music is, transforming for upbeat and fun, to mellow and meaningful. I also met them at a festival earlier this year, and they were really great guys, if you know what I mean!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole demonstratesevidence of excellence in the creative use of most of the following technical skills:
    ␣ Producing material appropriate for the target audience and task;
    ␣ ␣ accurately using language and register;

    ReplyDelete