Wednesday 1 May 2013

Photoshoot Plan

EQUIPMENT

  • Camera- Canon EOS 1000d

  • Black Screen Background

  • Flash soft box (take picture of it)

  • A photography studio

  • Memory card

  • Spare battery

PROPS AND COSTUME


  • Wolf t-shirt (something like the one to the left)

  • (what colour) Jeans

  • Bowler hat

  • Converse (shoes)

The vast majority of magazines apply makeup to their models, though I will not be doing so. I want my model to look natural, but I will correct any flaws in Photoshop to allow the cover to be of a realistic magazine which will be marketed.


I found a video with tips on how to do a photo shoot, and found some of them useful; so I will bare this advice in mind whence doing my own photo shoot. Before commencing the occurrence of the photography shoot for my product, I felt the need to research how to professionally take photographs to use for magazines, rather than just jumping into the deep end. I have done photography before, though I want to ensure I know exactly what I am doing.

POTENTIAL POSES


 Each of these poses would be suitable for my magazine, some more than others. The blonde girl to the left has an appearance which is too melancholic, and I do not wish to depress my readers, therefore will avoid this particular facial expression. I want my cover shot to be a 3/4 shot, so the model is able to convey emotion without the imagery looking flat. I favor the photograph to the right, as the model appears to be wise and attractive, exactly what I want for my magazine.

POTENTIAL HAIRSTYLES



The model I have chosen has brunette hair with blonde layers underneath. I searched on the internet for hair similar to this, and found some somewhat natural-looking styles that she could wear her hair like. Upon looking at various different images, I decided to straighten her hair, but not so much so that it is dead straight. I want it to be very slightly wavy, as this is a common indie hairstyle.

2 comments:

  1. Planning and research evidence is complete and detailed;

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete